Monday, August 17, 2015

Fall convention schedule (so far)



I haven't updated the blog here as much as I'd like to, but for a good reason.

There's been this thing going on at my day job that I've had a pretty heavy involvement in, and it's been really neat.

That, and whatever free time I have is usually devoted to writing. I've completed the scripts first three chapters of The Atomic Thunderbolt - which I am really excited about - and I needed to start plotting out the second Patriot-1 book a little bit.

Anyways, I did want to drop a quick update with my Fall Convention Schedule as it stands thus far.

The fun begins on September 19 and 20 at the XL Center in Hartford. I'll be in Artist's Alley for the Hartford Comic Con. I'm excited, there's a great guest list so hopefully it should be a fun show.

The weekend after that - September 25-27, is Baltimore Comic Con. By far my favorite con. It's HEAVILY comics focused and it's just generally a good show.

After that, there's a bit of a break, because I'd like to stay married, but then it's the biggest comic con on the year (yes, it is bigger than San Diego) - New York Comic Con from October 8-11, 2015.

I have a love/hate relationship with NYCC - but I'm excited for this year's show.

After that, it's up in the air. There is the Albany Comic Con on October 9 - it's probably the best small show on the East Coast, I haven't done it in years, but I'm thinking about it.

I'm also thinking about Rhode Island in November, ChaseCon (A small and new show in Saratoga in October), and a couple others in November and December. But we'll see.

The reality of doing cons is cost. Sometimes I can get a discounted table, but I haven't done anything for any major publishers, so it's really difficult to the weight benefit-cost analysis. Most of the time I will do shows that are driving distance only. Baltimore is an exception because I love that show, but having to drop $150-$300 a night on a hotel, ON TOP of table costs just isn't always feasible. It's an added bonus if I can do a show and be home at night in time to put my kids to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment